TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100

Marriage is a full time job


If my first marriage taught me anything its that you have to work at the relationship and that it's not the fairytale that all the movies portray.

I was married to my first husband for seven years, we never talked about any of our issues and as our marriage went on we gradually drifted further apart, until I reached breaking point and walked away from the marriage.

I never thought I'd be married again but I remarried in 2010.

Hubby works away Monday to Friday - so we are almost a part time husband and wife as we only have our weekends together.

He brings the money home while I raise the boys and look after the house.

We are an open book with each other, and we literally tell each other everything.

As soon as we have a problem we talk about it so that it doesn't escalate.

We work together to find solutions to problems.

We don't always see eye to eye, so we've had to learn compromise with each other.

Sometimes finding time to just be 'us' can be difficult between the boys and jobs around the house - but we always try and find the time even if it's just having a quick cuppa, chat and a cuddle together between the chaos.

Sex isn't the be all and end all in a relationship, and our lives don't revolve around sex. Some weekends we are just too tired to have sex.  We've had to find other ways to physically connect  - showers together, back rubs, snuggling on the sofa, anything that brings us closer.

We have to work everyday at making our marriage work - and it's totally worth it. We bring out each other's strengths and celebrate each other's successes and support each other through the failures.








You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.























Comments