TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100

Open letter to my husband

 

September will mark our seventh wedding anniversary - and in our seven years of marriage we've been through a lot as a couple.

We've had two children, both had separate car accidents, I've had a hysterectomy and we relocated to Wales last year.

The hard times have made us stronger, and brought us closer.

It's hard when you're away at work and it's just me and the boys, I wish you were around more to help out with them, especially on the bad days.

 

I watch them do or say things for the first time and I feel bad because you aren't here with me to see it too. 

Some days I resent you, because you're the one who is at work earning and I have to rely on you for money, I miss my independence and earning my own money.

Some days I miss it just being 'us' and how easy it was to just go out for a drink, or to the cinema together.

 

I'm sorry that when you are back at the weekends I'm shattered and sometimes grumpy - dealing with being ill and looking after toddlers takes it out on me and I don't mean to take it out on you.

I know you find it hard being away from us all week - I can see it in your eyes as you leave to go to work, that you don't want to leave us.

You're my tower of strength, the one who makes me see a positive out of a negative. 

You're a hard working man, who works long hours and I miss that you used to work a 9-5 job. I hated that some weeks we only used to get one night together. Having a second car is definitely going to help us get our weekends back and be able to spend more time together as a couple and as a family.

 

Sometimes you irritate the crap out of me, but I do love you.

I loved that you took the time to research my illnesses (after my diagnosis earlier this year) so you could understand them and find ways to help me cope with everyday life.

Thank you for being you, standing by me, and making me laugh when all I want to do is cry because sometimes it gets too much.


Love you xxxx







You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.







Comments