TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100

#9 Reasons why I love Wales

 

We relocated to Wales last year, and I'm loving it here! And here's why:



One 

We are within spitting distance of the beach, well several beaches. 

 


Two

I love the Welsh language! I can't actually speak any Welsh, but the boys are in a Welsh school, which means that they are taught in Welsh (and are learning to speak Welsh) - I'm picking up the odd few words here and there, so who knows maybe one day I'll be fluent.


Three

Everyone is so friendly here! It's really not taken us long to settle in as everyone is so nice.  There's definitely a real sense of community here too.



Four 

I love the Welsh cakes and Bara Brith - if you've not tried them you need to!  


Five

The views! I don't tire of the views, and every day is different depending on the weather and the season - It's all rolling hills and I love it.

 



Six

The castles - we've got several castles right on our doorstep, and the boys love exploring them.

 



Seven

The red kites - they are an amazing sight - if you're ever visiting Wales definitely go to a red kite feeding centre, well worth watching.

 


Eight

The mountains!  I attempted to climb Snowdon a few years back (had to turn back as I twisted my ankle on the rocks), but there were some amazing views.

 


Nine

Welsh steam trains! And we are so lucky that we have a steam railway right near our house.

 




Have I missed anything?! Let me know your favourite things about Wales



You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.





Comments

  1. Spot on!
    You could also add the sun when in shines transforms.
    always feeling as if you are on holiday. AND
    You Forgot THE RUGBY
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! OMG I can't believe I forgot the rugby! 🙈 xx

      Delete

Post a Comment